There's a number of ways in which we can all TAKE ACTION and get involved to "deprogram"
our minds, promote change, and reclaiim freedom of thought. Here's a few suggestions:
1. Blow up your television! Or, at least consider going on a TV diet and seriously limit your consumption of mass-media. Its like a drug, for many people, and kicking the habit can cause withdrawls. But, once you do, not only will you start feeling better, (both mentally and physically),
you might also be surprised what you can achieve with all the free time you have on your hands.
2. Replace what you do watch on TV with positive, educational, or public programming, such as
PBS or local Community Television.
3. For Parents - set limits on your child's expsure to television. If you think about it, could there
be a possible correlation between mass-media and the tremendous rise in children being diagnosed with ADHD in our society today? Talk with your kids, create a dialog, and encourage critical thinking of the messages they receive from popular media.
4. Support local Art House / Boutique Theaters by going to see "indie-films" produced outside
of the mainstream Hollywood studio system - which is now totally owned by mega-global conglomerates. Who needs the money more? Universal or struggling artists? Besides, how
many big-budget, EFX driven, super hero, franchise films do you really need to see?
5. Become educated on the various techniques being used in mass-media to target and control
your thoughts."PROGRAMMING THE NATION?" is a good starting point and some of the authors interviewed for the film have a variety books on the subject for additional information. Remember
that by raising our levels of consciousness, subliminal programming has a diminished effect.
6. Push to keep arts and music programs in public schools. With nation-wide budget cuts to education, they also need financial contributions, cash donations and volunteers. Also, push for increased media literacy programs in schools.
7. Join a community service group, volunteer at a local non-profit, get involved in a grass-roots organization, political
group, and/or attend public hearings in your area. We can all do this with the time we save not watching the boob tube!
8. Shop at and support locally owned small businesses whenever possible, . You may complain that their prices are somewhat higher, but when all you have left in your area is big box stores and strip-malls filled with Starbucks and Subways, you'll wish you had paid a little more.
Help spread the word about "PROGRAMMING THE NATION?" and the issues addressed in the film. Be a part of the social movement to increase media literacy, and raise the level of consciousness in our country and around the globe!
"LIKE" PROGRAMMING THE NATION? on FACEBOOK and suggest that your friends “like” it too.
Add PROGRAMMING THE NATION? to your NETFLIX queue. Although the film isn’t there yet, it’s a big help to show there is demand. If you've already seen it, rate and write a brief review.
Write a review for "Programming the Nation?" on IMDB.com
Rate and review "Programming the Nation?" on ROTTEN TOMATOES.
Tell your friends, family, and colleagues about the film and topics covered. Without the help of peope like you, films like this could never be made. Thanks for your support!
Please fill out the form below to send an email to your Senator and Representative insisting
that the government stop propagandizing its own people. This is a blatent violation of the
Smith-Mundt Act of 1948, brought forth as a result of what happened in Nazi Germany.
Demand that they acknowledge, address and create restrictions on advertising directed at yourg
full-disclosure on the use of Video News Releases, (VNR's) and subliminal anti-theft
devices in major department stores, and limitations on the use of Project HAARP in Alaska.
* Required Field